What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, currency selected and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Items you have added to the shopping cart – if any
- The currency selected
- If you are logged in or not. When you log into the site the following two cookies are stored: Your user name and a double-hashed copy of your password. The cookies are set to expire two weeks from the time they are set.
- Cookies are also stored by Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) (see further down regarding Google Analytics).
- As this site also uses Stripe to be able to offer credit card payments for purchases. Stripe will set some cookies to be able provide their payment services. (Please contact Stripe for full cookie details. I have no control over these)
However, enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
The following kinds of information may be collected when visiting wp-pizza.com:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- (b) information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website.
I may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website and business;
- (b) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (c) send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you with the help of the available payment providers (i.e PayPal and Stripe);
- (d) send you commercial communications (strictly non-marketing);
- (e) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- (f) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
I will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
I may disclose your personal information to any employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
I may disclose your personal information:
- (a) to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- (d) to any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, I will NOT provide your personal information to third parties. I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
I may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on this website.
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
wp-pizza.com (and it’s subdomains) may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. I have no control over, and am not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let me know if the personal information that wp-pizza.com holds about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Credit: this document was created using templates from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
You can prevent Google’s cookie generated collection of data, referring to your use of the website (incl. your IP address), plus the processing of the data, by downloading and installing the browser-plugin, which you can find here: