- Other then updating the wording here on this page to comply with the new regulations (and hopefully for a bit more clarity), there have not been any significant changes as such as I have:
- a) never collected any emails or other personal data specifically for marketing purposes to start off with
- b) have not ever passed on any such details to 3rd parties
- c) did anything along those lines without asking for specific consent from a user in the first place and only if strictly necessary
- The only change of consequence is for the visitor to be able to specifically opt-in to receive non-essential cookies. If no action is taken only essentail cookies related to the functioning of the website are being set.
- For clarities sake, the only non-essential cookie used on wp-pizza.com is google analytics (for more details on cookies and google analytics please see below.)
Who we are:
The website address is: https://www.wp-pizza.com
There is no distinction being made between visitors depending on their location. I alwasy offer – and offered – the same privacy protection to any visitor coming to this site or engaging with wp-pizza.com in whatever way.
What personal data is collected and why it is being collected:
When you leave comments on the site, use the “Contact Us” form, start new topics and/or reply to existing topics in the “Support Forum” or make a purchase the following data will be collected to be able to offer support, enable the purchase of plugins/gateways and to combat spam:
“Contact Us” Form / Emails :
The “Contact Form” on this site does not (and never did) store any information on the server. It simply sends an email to a specified email address (i.e dev[at]wp-pizza.com ).
To be able to provide support the following data will be collected.
- “Name” [optional]
- “Email” [required] – to be able to respond to your enquiry. (Note: any email address you have access to will do. There is no need to supply your primary, main email address)
- “Url” [required] – does not necessaily have to be a real URL but something should be entered if you have an issue that is specific to a website to be able to offer support
- “Subject” [required] – To know what the enquiry is about at a glance
- “Regarding” [required] – To able to determine as to what an issue might specifically relate to (Making this required also helps to prevent Spam somewhat)
- “Message” [required] – self-explanatory
- Furthermore, for spam prevention, “Contact Form” submissions will have have IP Addresses and User Agent Data added to the initial message sent.
If you simply send an email directly to dev[at]wp-pizza.com outside the website please make sure, that you include at least the most basic information required to be able to provide support.
(If indeed it is a support question to start off with)
Forums: Adding Topics / Reply to Topics:
To eliminate most of the spam and provide a useful environment for visitors to be able to find answeres more easily, a user must be registered on the site with a username and password to be able to post topics or replies. This requires registering with an active email address that has to be confirmed to make sure it is not a spam registration. This email will also be used to inform the user – only if actively opted in for this purpose – to receive notifications to any follow ups that might have been posted to a specific topic. Other than that, the following will be required to be able to post/reply.
- “Registered on Site” [required – see above why]
- “Topic Title” [required] – for obvious reasons
- “Topic Message” [required] – for obvious reasons
If you make a purchase on wp-pizza.com information is being collected about you during the checkout process.
The information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details, currency used, vat numbers and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your order(s).
(Please note: No explicit payment information – such as full credit card details or expiry dates etc – are stored or handled by this server directly)
Handling this data also allows me to:
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
- The collection and handling of this data is on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
Additionally the following information may also be collected:
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, to estimate and calculate taxes based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you previously registered with wp-pizza.com.
- If you choose to create an account, your name, address, and email address, will be used to populate the checkout form fields in the event of any future orders you may make.
General Notes regarding “Contact Forms”, “Emails”, “Forums”, “Purchases”, “Accounts registered”
- Contact Form(s): emails sent though a contact form are stored off-line in an encrypted and password protected file container and are periodically archived.
- Emails: Emails received directly from you without going through the website are stored off-line in an encrypted and password protected file container and are periodically archived.
- General: All communication through wp-pizza.com is using encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from the site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so there cannot be any guarantee of absolute security. In any event, you are strongly advised to take reasonable measures to secure your account (such as using strong passwords for example)
Who is your data shared with:
I will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
I may disclose your personal information to any employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
I may disclose your personal information :
- (a) to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- (d) to any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, I will NOT provide your personal information to third parties. I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot offer an absolute guarantee of the security of data sent over the internet.
I may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on this website.
Media / Embedded content from other websites:
As 3rd party file upload is disabled on this site, no personal identifiable information will be extractable from such media directly from wp-pizza.com.
However, articles/posts on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) from other sites.
Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you choose to link to or embed an image/media file from other websites in your forum posts, comments, replies or similar you should avoid linking to or embedding images that contain location data (EXIF GPS) as visitors to the site that hosts the media file you are referencing will be able to download and extract any location data that might be present in those media files.
What third parties we receive data from:
Other than receiving notifications and related information of payments for purchases on this site by the payment processor (i.e Stripe or Paypal) no other data is being received by wp-pizza.com.
Where is your data being sent to:
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Other than that, all data that has been collected by wp-pizza.com is stored in the EU and is not being sent to any 3rd parties provided I am not legally required to do so.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data:
What rights you have over your data:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data held about you, including any data you have provided.
You can also request that any of your personal data held is being erased. However, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Provision of such information or requests will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
If you leave a comment or start or reply to a forum post the comment/post and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on wp-pizza.com (if any), the personal information a user has provided will be stored in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their own personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Emails are stored off-line in an encrypted and password protected file container and are periodically archived.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, currency selected and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Items you have added to the shopping cart – if any
- The currency selected
- If you are logged in or not. When you log into the site the following two cookies are stored: Your user name and a double-hashed copy of your password. The cookies are set to expire two weeks from the time they are set.
- If you choose to accept all cookies, Cookies will also be stored by Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) (see further down regarding Google Analytics).
- As this site also uses Stripe to be able to offer credit card payments for purchases. Stripe will set some cookies to be able provide their payment services. (Please contact Stripe for full cookie details. I have no control over these)
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
By actively accepting all cookies (when clicking the “I accept All Cookies” opt-in button), you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out below.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help analyse how visitors use the site.
- The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers which might reside outside the EU.
- Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on your website activity for pages visited, the duration and bounce rate, while providing other miscellaneous services relating to website activity and usage.
- Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
- Ip Addresses collected by Google Analytics are anonymised on this site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- You can also prevent Google’s cookie generated collection of data, referring to your use of the website (incl. your IP address), plus the processing of the data, by downloading and installing the browser-plugin, which you can find here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Contact / Questions / Comments:
If you have any privacy specific questions or concerns, please send an email to “privacy [at] wp-pizza.com”