WPPizza – Stripe Gateway
Stripe Gateway for Integration with WPPizza.
- Screenshot – client facing: using Stripe checkout (redirect/hosted payment page).
- Screenshot – client facing: using inline credit card payments.
- Screenshot – administration / backend options.
- Enables simple, user friendly credit card payments using the stripe gateway
- Note: Does *not* integrate Bitcoin, iBan or any other payment method that is not specifically mentioned below under “Additional Payment Methods”.
Update 4.0+: Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)
- As of Version 4.0, SCA is automatically supported by the WPPizza Stripe Gateway implementation
- IMPORTANT: Unless you *only* want to support “Inline Card Payments” and have not done so already, you *MUST* also setup a webhook in your Stripe Account for all other payment options (See “WPPizza->Gateways->Stripe” for details)
- WPPizza 2.15+ (WPPizza v3.7+ required to accept payment methods other than “normal” Credit Cards – see below)
- You MUST (obviously) have a Stripe account
- The currency set in WPPizza->Order Settings MUST be accepted by Stripe and be enabled in your Stripe account and by your chosen payment method
- You MUST set your Live Secret Key, Live Publishable Key, Test Secret Key and Test Publishable Key
- If you wish to use any of the additional payment methods below, youMUST setup the following webhook url in your stripe account: http(s)://www.your-domain.com/?wppizza-listener=stripe (live and test mode) replacing “http(s)://www.your-domain.com” as appropriate for your site
- At least the WPPizza order page MUST be SSL encrypted (Stripe requirement) . Note: to enable SSL encryption you will need to acquire a security certificate for your site from a security certificate provider at possibly extra costs to you
- PHP >5.4+ with cUrl, json and mbstring extensions installed (that’s usually the case by default) is required by Stripe
- Install by uploading the zip file in the normal wordpress manner from withing the plugin screen (add new->upload) and activate
- To get your Stripe API Keys:
- – Log in to your Stripe dashboard.
- – Click your account name in the top left.
- – Click API in the left menu.
- – Your secret and publishable keys should be on this page.
- – If test and live keys are not on the same page, use the switch on the left hand side to toggle between the two.
- – Note: You may be prompted to enter your password to receive the secret key.
- Go to wppizza->gateways and set options as required
Additional Payment Methods – Requires WPPizza v3.7+ as well as the general requirements specified above
Please refer to payment method fact sheets for full details/requirements/currency and geographical acceptance for each payment method
- GiroPay (Germany)
- AliPay (China)
- Multibanco (Portugal)
- EPS (Austria)
- Przelewy24 (Poland)
- Bancontact (Belgium)
- iDeal (Netherlands)
- Payment Requests (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Microsoft Pay – Selected Countries only )
- Sofort (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Spain)
Optionally, credit card information for the main stripe payment/credit card gateway can now be entered inline directly on the order page as opposed to in a modal/overlay window.
Setup – Using Additional Payment Methods: Prerequisites/Requirements
- WPPizza version 3.7 or higher
- You *MUST* setup the following webhook url in your stripe account: http(s)://www.your-domain.com/?wppizza-listener=stripe (live and test mode) replacing “http(s)://www.your-domain.com” as appropriate for your site
- If you wish to support Payment Requests (Apply Pay, Google Pay, Microsoft Pay), your pages must always be SSL encrypted (https) and not have any mixed (i.e non-ssl) content. This applies to both, live and test payments. Before testing these integration on your site, please ensure the device you are testing with supports these kind of payment requests by checking it here (you should see a “Pay now” button)
- If you wish to support Apply Pay, you must also register your domain with apple pay as described here. (Summary: download and copy association file to your server, register your domain in your stripe dashboard )
- For added security it is highly recommended that you also enter your Webhook Live/Test Keys as set in your Stripe Account (Test /Live) : Developers -> Webhooks -> (click endpoint URL) -> Signing secret (click to reveal)
- Make sure any additional payment method you enable is accepted in your country and for your currency set in your WPPizza settings. If in doubt, please contact Stripe for clarification
Setup – Enabling Additional Payment Methods: General
- Enable any of the “Additional Payment Methods” you want to offer and are available for your country/currency under WPPizza->Gateways->Stripe
- Enable the appropriate “Customer name fields” to indicate which fields on your order page are used to capture a customer’s name
- Once you save the settings/page, you will find additional settings for each additional payment method you have enabled
- Check the settings for each of those payment methods (especially “Sofort” and “Payment Requests” settings if used), enable and save
- if you still have problems, please enable logging (wppizza version 2.x) or check the logfiles in wppizza/logs (wppizza v3.x) and contact me at : dev[at]wp-pizza.com with the domain you are having problems with. Please attach all your logfiles (if any) that reside under the gateway logs directory (wppizza v2.x) or wppizza/logs directory (wppizza v3x)
Screenshots – Payment By Credit Card
(click images for larger versions)