2 different menus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kevin wuyts
    Participant

This would be a nice feature for shops that deliver food but have certain menu items that can’t be delivered.

So for example my client offers deliveries to companies.
      In their shop they sell sandwiches, salads, soups but also fries, warm burgers,…

When they do a delivery they deliver to multiple companies in 1 tour, therefor they can only deliver items that are not warm because the last company on the route would get cold food.

So a good solution would be the following.
      When you add a new product to the menu it should have an option to select “delivery yes or no”

When the option is activated, before the user can start to order they see a popup asking them if they want a “delivery” or “pickup/eat at shop”

If they choose for delivery, the menu only shows items that can be delivered.
      If they choose pickup/eat at shop the see the entire menu.

For now my customer has “solved” this issue by placing a “no delivery possible” warning on the top of each page that does’n fit for delivery but off course the user is still able to add this.

Olly
      Admin & Mod

sorry, but I have to say this is such a special (and from any queries I had so far unusual/unique) situation, that I dont think I will make this an option as it would completely over complicate things.

sure, if I get this request more often I might revisit that idea, but for the moment , I don’t think I will do anything about this.

having said that, you could do one of the following:

a) have a multisite setup (one site for entire menu and the other for pickup only)
        and have some forced (javascript perhaps) selection – pickup or delivery – for the customer that redirects to which ever site is appropriate depending on selection and he/she can select from there

or

b) use some of the filters that – again, depending on whether self pickup or delivery has been chosen – show / hide menu items (maybe add the “only pickup” items to a distinct category and show/hide depending on whether an item is in that category)

again, if this sort of thing is requested more often , I will do something about this, but for the moment I don’t think this will be implemented in the near future (if at all)

PS: I’m always open to ideas by the way, so keep them coming, but this one I will have to pass on for now, sorry

kevin wuyts
        Participant

Hi Olly,

No problem 🙂
          Just using the feature request forum to pitch idea’s.
          You never know what might end up in the actual product.

But I do understand that it’s not something that will be developed if it only serves 1 or 2 users 🙂

Olly
          Admin & Mod

>Just using the feature request forum to pitch idea’s.
            absolutely, that’s what it’s there for.
            many (in fact most) things mentioned here in the past did make it into the plugin in one shape or another

R Dean Cooper
            Participant

I know this is an old post and there may be other post on point – but what I need is a catering menu.

Many of our target market clients offer large event menus. We think we have figured out a work around – but a second menu option would be helpful.

Olly
              Admin & Mod

>but a second menu option would be helpful.
                i don’t think i understand what you mean by “second menu option” to be honest

Olly
                Admin & Mod

PS: i also assume – though i might be wrong – your request is somewhat different from the original topic posted here, so I would request that you start a new one please to keep things reasonably organised. thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The topic ‘2 different menus’ is closed to new replies.