403 error via Stripe (or any payment gateway)

WPPizza – A Restaurant Plugin for WordPress Support Add-Ons Gateways Stripe 403 error via Stripe (or any payment gateway)

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Olly
    Admin & Mod

perhaps you can also ask your host if there is *any* kind of serverside caching going on

Walter Oberhummer
      Participant
        This reply has been marked as private.
        Walter Oberhummer
        Participant
          This reply has been marked as private.
          Olly
          Admin & Mod

>I did some digging in the backend…and in a sub-sub menu found an error log for the hoster…probably is not caching but rather some security protocol that they have running, no?

and there is your problem.
            i.e it’s ‘mod_sec’ (mod security) throwing a false positive , only your host will be able to fix this (having had a bit of a rummage through some sites , and seeing the id being “33340156” (according to your logs), there might be a way to bypass things for this particular mod sec rule (htaccess or some other way)
            but that’s really something you have to take up with your host

PS: and before you come back to me telling me that your host says “it’s insecure so we will not do anything about this”
            ask them why the *same* script works the next time round when you increase/decrease the quantity after you’ve deleted an item
            (not to mention it’s working just fine for thousands of users and i have mod_sec too installed here without any such issues)

Walter Oberhummer
            Participant

Well, if the hoster comes back saying “its insecure” I will just leave their service, and thats that…looks like their Atomiccorp Plugin is a “fancy-pantsy-all-can-do” plugin, and I can simply then host somewhere else! (new hoster btw, never had that problem with anyone else)

In any case: thanks again so much for your personal support here!! REALLY OUTSTANDING!! And maybe this thread can also help others, in case they have a too “tight” configured hoster 🙂

(PS: I will ping back here once I have a feedback/solution)

Olly
              Admin & Mod

happy to have gotten to the root cause of this finally and having it here on the forum is most certainly a good place to perhaps help others
                (or even if it’s just for myself at some point to look up again)

most of the time, hosters/host support are quite helpful though with these sort of things
                (I don’t want to – yet – randomly accuse people here 🙂 )

Olly
                Admin & Mod

>In any case: thanks again so much for your personal support here!!
                  you’re welcome

Walter Oberhummer
                  Participant

Hoster now switched off firewall and error is gone – lets get ready to sell some pizza!! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
                  • The topic ‘403 error via Stripe (or any payment gateway)’ is closed to new replies.