3 November, 2018 at 3:12 am #39911vesarosParticipant
at first, I’ll try you to give you a use case so that you hopefully see what I really mean.
I’m hosting a Pizza order page, where all customer can order Pizza and don’t have to log in for doing it, because it’s easier for us with the new data privacy and the following e-privacy. However, we got a small percent of customers who are order some pizza and then refuse to take or pay the order or a lot of fake orders (someone order pizza to troll a person or family to damage them) and it’s very hard to separate this orders from the real ones. My only possibility as admin is to try to ban the ip-adress from the persons, but in times where you can change your IP in less than a second, this is a game against treadmills.
So that’s why I have the following feature request:
The possibility to ban customers out from ordering (with some nice message when someone tries to order but is not allowed to) for example:
The option to lock a name, surname and maybe a street, so that this family/person cannot be annoyed anymore or cannot order any more in case we know they don’t wanna pay or something else. Or to lock an order when a special kind of phone number will be inserted in the text field.
This feature can be as a normal option in the settings or a premium add#on or maybe be implemented into the already existing (Reject) add-on which I saw a couple of minutes before.
I hope you can follow me what I try to present you but this is really a feature which could not only help me, which the problem of fake orders or orders from a stalker.
Please tell me if your team could implement this or I have to figure out something else for this problem.
I would pay for it (and my boss too)! 🙂
Kind regards and thanks in advance
Vesaros~3 November, 2018 at 3:53 am #39912OllyAdmin & Mod
blocking streets , surnames etc etc is i game you cannot win, as i only have to -deliberately – mistype things slightly and your block will not work so you have to forever add things
one option is this
which allows you to reject not-yet-paid orders (among a number of other things like requiring confirmation of a not yet paid order)
simplest thing however is to just not accept cash on delivery or similar orders at all and only accept orders that were prepaid (credit card/paypal or whatever)
unless people use stolen credit cards (not much you can do about that) it will stop fake orders for good as people have paid up front3 November, 2018 at 4:13 am #39913vesarosParticipant
in this case, I would win this game because when the order comes in, we configure the route for the delivery guys for their navigation device and if there would be a mistake in the streets we would call the customer if there is a mistype in it. And if customers want to order something but we won’t deliver to them because they won’t pay, so they would have bad cards to get their meals.
So yes, just as small thing, this would be a masterpiece which we need.
“simplest thing however is to just not accept cash on delivery or similar orders at all and only accept orders that were prepaid (credit card/paypal or whatever)”
– yeah but we only accept cash on delivery so this is not an option for us
It’s sad that there is no way to enjoy such a feature in the future. 🙁5 November, 2018 at 5:06 am #39923OllyAdmin & Mod
just a few things on a sunday night (monday morning actually) and in no particular order
– I don’t think it’s that easy for the average user to change their IP address (given that most people these days will have a static ip), so there are plenty of security plugin that let you block by IP to start off with
– >if there would be a mistake in the streets we would call the customer
and that “fake” customer who you just called – as you cannot know that the phonenumber belongs to the person the order is supposed to be delivered to – can simply say : “that’s all great, please deliver”
– furthermore, assuming that you will have had some “no pay” issue with certain addresses, one would think you have a list of those somewhere and if it looks suspicious , you simply pick up the phone (but the above still applies somewhat)
– additionally – as unfortunate as it is – fraud is part of doing business I’m afraid and the police is the right place to really contact in those instances.
– >we got a small percent of customers who are order some pizza and then refuse to take or pay the order
again, that’s for law enforcement to deal with. there’s nothing the plugin can do (but as mentioned, if you were to only accept credit cards, that won’t be an issue, though that’s your/your boss’s decision of course)
– regarding GDPR/Privacy etc : this is pretty much irrelevant here as you are perfectly entitled – in fact, in most cases even required – to collect customer information (called something like “legitimate business interests” ) and the plugin does collect ipaddress, browser parameters etc , regardless (though can be anonymised on request at a later stage)
anyway, I think that’s it from me on the subject for the time being
- The topic ‘Possibility to ban/block/reject orders/customers’ is closed to new replies.